Re: Celi's "Nutcracker"

Henning Reinholz (H.Reinholz at theater.ulm.de)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:53:24 +0200

George Murnu schrieb:

> My latest addition to my Celi CD collection is a recording made with
> the
> RTSI ( Radio Televisione della Svizzera Italiana - sp? ) Orchestra on
> the ERMITAGE label. These are recordings made on 14 June 1963 of a
> concert in Lugano and as far as I know ERMITAGE had access to the
> original tapes; indeed the sound is just a notch below CETRA quality.
> The source for this recording is again Berkshire Record Outlet (
> http://www.berkshirerecoutlet.com/ ). From what I understand ERMITAGE
>
> is a defunct label - can somebody please confirm? - so Berkshire may
> be
> your only source.

George,
as far as I know, the Ermitage Label - CDs can still be ordered in
Germany. At least I saw dozens of different Ermitage CDs (like the
Celi-disc consisting of recordings of concerts of well known artists in
the Italian part of Switzerland) two weeks ago in several record stores.

A tip for everybody who lives in the EU and hasn't got hold of the
Celibidache RAI-recordings on CETRA yet (at least the Mozart c-minor
Mass has been discussed in this forum): jpc-record-mailorder
(www.jpc.de) sells the whole 11-CD-set for DM 79! (=44$...). They accept
orders only from Germany or the EU. The set includes:
Mozart:Messe KV 427;Konzert f.2 Klaviere KV
365;Serenade Nr.7 "Haffner"
Strawinsky:Der Feuervogel-Suite (1919)
Ravel:Daphnis & Chloe-Suiten Nr.1 & 2;La
Valse;Pavane pour une infante defunte
Brahms:Symphonien Nr.1-4;Haydn-Var.op.56a
Prokofieff:Symphonie Nr.5;Klavierkonzert
Nr.5;Romeo & Julia op.64 (Ausz.)
Berlioz:Romeo & Julia op.17 (Ausz.)
Tschaikowsky:Romeo & Julia
Schubert:Symphonien Nr.5 & 8
Schumann:Symphonien Nr.1 & 2
Strauss:Tod & VerklçÓung op.24;4 letzte Lieder
Giebel, Lear, Janowitz, Perticaroli, RSO Rom, RSO
Mailand, RSO Turin, Celibidace

Best wishes,
Henning