Re: Planned DG releases in 1999

L EW (lew at webtv.net)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

--WebTV-Mail-1208733839-3930

Thank you, Mr. Tagata. I just purchased the complete
Celibidache/Bruckner series on EMI and am moved beyond belief at the
performances. They are available here in the USA separately rather than
as a boxed set. I cannot recommend them higly enough to lovers of
Bruckner as well as Celibidache.

Why has Celibidache's son allied with Deutsche Gramaphon rather than EMI
for future releases, even with the Munich Philharmonic? He wrote so
glowingly about his relationship with EMI in the booklets that accompany
the CD's. Are you aware if a problem developed between the family and
EMI? Are there going to be any further EMI releases by Celibidache?

Again, thank you for reassuring me that this fine, informative
communications vehicle for those of us who so admire the work of
Celibidache still exists.

Regards,

Lew Epstein

--WebTV-Mail-1208733839-3930