Re: Celibidache

George Murnu (gmurnu at erols.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:21:45 -0500

I love this e-mail; it allows me to respond to a lot of other
inquieries!

I have just received a response from Beltran - a Japanese mail order
company ( thanks Gene for giving the address ) which has a web site at
http://emall.justnet.ne.jp/shop/beltran/ ( in Japanese only ) but has
e-mail at belmusic at ma3.justnet.ne.jp ( Mr. Isozaki speaks English )
which told me that:

"Dear Mr.Murnu:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes, we'll accept yor reservation for Celibidache/Brahms symphonies
issued on Decenber 24. We'll send it for you as soon as be on shop.

information:
DG will release the Celibidache/Stuttgart/Brahms symphonies
on Dec.24/1998 as following;
CD Code: POCG 10155/7
three CD set + a bonus CD
the price is 6,883 yen
symphony 1 Oct. 21/1976
symphony 2 Apr. 11/1975
symphony 3 Nov. 19/1976
symphony 4 Mar. 23/1974
bonus: Symphony 4 rehearsal 1974

Audior and Meteor CDs are available, but some titles seem to be deleted.
Prices are as following.
Audior: \2,100 per 1CD
Meteor: \2,100 per 1CD

Thank you.
Best regards,

Isozaki"

Another Japanese mail order company is Abend at
http://www.bekkoame.or.jp/~abend/, but they had no information about the
Celi DG edition in Japan; moreover, their web site was not updated since
September.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

George