Re: EMI EDITION VOL 2 USA RELEASE

L EW (lew at webtv.net)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:27:21 -0800 (PST)

--WebTV-Mail-838990907-5940

I compared the timings on my Bruckner 6th on Sony video to the CD ones
listed in the EMI Classics Web site. They are different. Also, I do not
believe EMI would release the same performance Sony released.

--WebTV-Mail-838990907-5940

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:19:53 -0500
From: "Dan Dickstein" <DDickstein at fcb.com>
To: celi at mailgate.wizvax.net
Subject: Re: EMI EDITION VOL 2 USA RELEASE
Sender: owner-celi at mailgate.wizvax.net

M. Douglas Bogenhagen / Jerry D. Winkler wrote:

> Of course there will again be no box set. I guess Angel Records does not
> consider the US market worthy of any special effort. Too profit minded to
> the core.
>
> Douglas Bogenhagen
>
> ---------

The boxed set (the European version, not the Japanese) is available as an
import at Tower Records in NY (the store at 4th & Bway) for about $200. It
appears to consist of individual jewelcases in a cardboard slipcase with no
additional documentation, so other than the slipcase, I can't imagine the US
release will be lacking all that much.

I'm disinclined to say anything positive about the industry; however I suspect
a 12-disk set would appeal exclusively to Celi diehards, and scare off many
uninitiated listeners who might be tempted to sample one or two symphonies.

There are also those who, already owning nos 6 through 8 on sony laserdisks or
vhs, might be less willing to plunk down more bucks for the cds, especially
since no 6 appears to be from the same performance(s).

--WebTV-Mail-838990907-5940--